Rich in protein, the oats and nuts in this sweet, crunchy dessert will help keep blood sugar levels stable.
- 3/4 cup brazil nuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 3/4 cups Greek yogurt with live active cultures
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 4 ripe but firm bananas, sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons demerara or other raw sugar
Put the brazil nuts and maple syrup in a small saucepan over low heat and cook until the syrup bubbles. Remove from the heat and stir in the oats. Transfer to a nonstick baking sheet and place in a preheated oven, at 325°F, for 10 minutes, or until the oats are toasted and sticky.
Mix the yogurt with the vanilla, cinnamon, and confectioners' sugar and set aside. Reserve 4 slices of banana for decoration, then place the remaining bananas in another bowl with the lemon juice and raw sugar and toss to coat.
Divide half the yogurt mixture among 4 glass bowls or sundae glasses, top with half the bananas, then half the nut mixture. Repeat the layers, finishing with the nut mixture. Decorate with the reserved banana slices and chill until ready to serve.