Serve these delicious spicy and crispy oven fried chicken strips for an everyday meal with fries and a side vegetable. Or, double the recipe and make them for a game day snack or party. This easy recipe makes about 20 to 24 chicken strips, enough for a meal for four. They're wonderful with the included Buffalo aioli, or serve with your favorite blue cheese dip.
- 1 to 1 1/4 pounds boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup Buffalo wing sauce, such as Frank's, Stonewall Kitchens, or your favorite
- 1 1/2 cups panko crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons dill relish
- dash garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Buffalo wing sauce
Line a large baking sheet with foil. Spray with nonstick cooking or baking spray.
Wash chicken and pat dry. Cut the chicken breasts crosswise into 1/2-inch strips. Put them in a food storage bag or bowl and toss with 1/2 cup of the wing sauce. Let stand for 15 minutes or marinate in the refriterator for 30 to 45 minutes.
Heat oven to 425°.
Combine the panko crumbs, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, parsley. Add the melted butter and toss to blend.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
Meanwhile, combine the mayonnaise, finely chopped celery, relish, a dash of garlic powder, and 2 tablespoons of the Buffalo wing sauce.
Serve with the aioli for dipping.